Transform your Christmas leftovers into an amazing Eggs Benedict. It’s a healthy, delicious, and easy to make brunch recipe perfect for the day after the big feast!
If you’re trying to figure out how to make breakfast with Christmas leftovers, this is the recipe you’re looking for. It’s a super easy and delicious way to clear out your fridge and still enjoy the tastes of Christmas.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 dinner rolls, cut in half
- 1 cup leftover turkey
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup arugula (can sub spinach or baby greens)
- 1/4 cup gravy, warmed
- Chopped green onions and black pepper, to serve
- Bring a large pot of water (half full) to a simmer. Crack the eggs into the water and let them cook for 4 minutes. Remove them with a slotted spoon.
- While the water is warming, melt the butter in a medium sized pan over medium-high heat. Place the dinner rolls in the pan, cut side down, and toast for 3-4 minutes. Remove them from the pan and put 2 halves on each plate.
- Add the turkey to the pan and gently warm. Top the toasted dinner rolls with some arugula, the warmed turkey, and the cranberry sauce.
- Plate the eggs when they are cooked, pour the gravy over the top, then sprinkle with some green onions and black pepper.
Not only is this festively delicious, it is also beautiful.
Here’s the best part … you’ve already cooked everything but the eggs. This means you and your family will have time to go enjoy the outdoors on the North Shore and you won’t have to prep for brunch when you get back home to your cozy apartment.
It’s a perfect Brunch time recipe. It also proves that left overs aren’t boring or bland.